Thursday, January 14, 2010

An Amazing Day!

Hello everyone! I just left the studio of the Martha Stewart Show and am now writing this blog from the New York Public Library. (Shockingly for a blogger, I'm extremely low-tech and do not own a laptop or any other form of mobile communication device. Call me old fashioned! Anyhow, I get to enjoy the architecture of this beautiful old building as I blog. You'll see some of it in my upcoming photo essay about the trip.)

Let me just say that I had the most extraordinary time this morning. Meeting Martha and doing a segment with her was one of the most incredible moments in my life so far! A true dream come true. (She is absolutely GORGEOUS in person, by the way - even up close! - not to mention very sweet, charming and outgoing, yet very calm and reassuring. A truely wonderful person and fabulous in every way!)

The producers, and all the staff, were so friendly and accommodating. They really went out of their way to make all the guests feel special and unique. (Lenore, you're a gem!) To everyone at the studios, thank you so much for making it a comfortable, relaxed and happy place!

I will have so many photos and so many details to share with everyone once I return to Canada. Brian Williams had to cancel his appearance due to the earthquake in Haiti. Martha and I chatted a bit about the situation there before our segment together. She's truly concerned about it and expressed geniune sadness for the state of affairs down there.

Suffice it to say, the day was an expeience that I will never forget. I made new friends, created enchanting memories and enjoyed every second of my time there, which just flew by! (I hope you all enjoyed the show and maybe got inspired to start your own blog.)

I'm in New York for the next few days and plan on taking in many of the sights, so please forgive me if I do not blog again until Sunday night upon my return - at which point I'll have numerous photos to share! Stay tuned!

Until then, enjoy the blogosphere!
Yours Truly,
Andrew R.

No comments:

Post a Comment