Sunday, March 8, 2009

Some very sad news to report this morning. Martha's newly adopted Chow Chow puppy, Genghis Khan, died in a horrible propane explosion at the breeder's kennel Friday afternoon, which killed 16 other dogs as well. Thirteen other dogs were injured, six of them severely burned.

According to officials on the scene, the Pazzazz Pet Boarding kennel in Franklin Township was destroyed as a propane tank was being filled by a propane delivery truck from Amerigas of Stroudsburg. Somehow a fire sparked, causing an explosion that triggered a fire which burned the 15-year-old facility to the ground.

You can read a full account of the accident here, but be warned that it contains a graphic photograph of a severely-burned dog.

Martha has adopted several times from the breeder, including her beloved Paw-Paw who died last spring. You have our deepest sympathies, Martha. Our thoughts are with you and with Karen Tracy, who owned and operated the facility.

No comments:

Post a Comment