Saturday, April 4, 2009

Apartment Therapy

We are at last settled in our new place in Toronto after a whirlwind few weeks of training in the U.S., making back-and-forth visits between Toronto and Ottawa to organize the move. Looking back on it, I'm amazed that I found this little gem of a place on the first day of my apartment hunt. It was the fourth place I looked at and I fell in love with the neighbourhood as soon as I pulled up the driveway. It's in an area of Toronto called Lawrence Park - a mostly residential area with beautiful homes, quaint little shops and parks, but still very close to all public transit, including the subway, which takes only 10 minutes to get to the downtown core.

I've included some photos of the place that I took the day we moved in, earlier this week. I hope you see as much potential in it as I do! I have plans...so many plans! I will have more photos once the place is furnished and all set up.


The cute little entrance is nestled to the side of the building after walking up a long pathway from the street. There is a lawn with two large hemlocks and a crocus garden.

Come on in! The apartment has hardwood floors throughout and gets some nice afternoon sunlight. This looking into the living room from the foyer and the breakfast area beyond.There is a mantel in the living room (not a real fireplace) with two built-in sconces on either side. The breakfast area is large and bright with built-in shelves.The kitchen is my only real disappointment, but it's still workable. It's tiny, dimly lit and has very few sockets for appliances. It's not practical, which is a typical problem with these old buildings. I do like the checkerboard flooring and the subway tile backsplash. The sink is a large double with a very nice faucet. I'll make lemonade with my lemons!
The bedroom has a nice piece of trim around the perimeter and is quite spacious with a walk-in closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment