Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Respite

Hello, everyone! I'm on a mini-vacation - a brief respite from the hustle and bustle of big-city life. I've come back to my hometown of Ottawa and have just spent a beautiful three days at the family cottage with my parents and some family friends. I will have more photos soon. It was a stunningly gorgeous weekend with non-stop sun and moderate temperatures, perfect for swimming and barbecues! There is nothing like lungs full of fresh forest air and the sound of the lake lapping gently against the rocks. Perfect bliss. My friend Jessie Hodgson took these photos of some of the insect life at the cottage. Though it's on the wane, there are still plenty of six-legged creatures to keep the branches and wildflowers humming. I will post some of my photos from the last few days when I return to Toronto on Thursday. I'll be peaking in now and then, so keep those comments coming.



No comments:

Post a Comment