Friday, January 30, 2009

Michael Boodro stepped down today as Editor-in-Chief of Martha Stewart Living magazine, MediaWeek has confirmed. He will be replaced temporarily by Chief Creative Officer Gael Towey, who is also the company's founding art director, until Martha Stewart Living can find a new replacement.

MediaWeek reports that Boodro did not have another job lined up prior to his departure. He had worked in his role as editor-in-chief at MSL for two years, after he left Culture & Travel magazine in 2006.

MSLO did not say why he stepped down.

I have a soft spot for Michael Boodro since he graciously replied to a letter I had written to him in December. It was handwritten on MSLO stationery (above) and personally signed by him. He thanked me for my kind words and actually mentioned Martha Moments! I was very pleased. He will be missed and I certainly wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment